£24k - 28k per year
020 7820 7320
5 months ago
Harris Hill are delighted to be working with a charity that is trying to tackle the issues of climate change and global hunger through developing sustainable farming and food technology. They are at an exciting stage in their growth and are looking for an Operations Specialist.
The successful candidate will lead on and contribute to a wide range of areas of day-to-day business support operations of the charity, including but not limited to recruitment, remote office administration, finance, internal systems such as fundraising operations, responding to enquiries, and supporting the growing team in all areas of work.
Location: Flexible we will consider applicants from anywhere in Europe. You will mainly be working remotely: from your home, or wherever you choose.
- Enable the smooth running of the charity's operations through effective, intelligent and efficient problem-solving.
- Lead on areas of charity's hiring process, including advertising and promoting roles, corresponding with candidates, setting up assessments, contracting, and elements of onboarding, so that candidates experience a fair, accurate, professional and thoughtful process.
- Work with the Head of Operations to manage service providers and coordinate outsourced operations functions such as accounting.
- Provide human resources support including staff development processes, coordinating staff surveys, sourcing training and development providers, coordinating the provision of insurance and other benefits, and finding creative solutions, processes and systems to enable the incredible team to perform to their full potential.
- Organise travel, accommodation and scheduling for staff retreats, conferences, etc.
- Lead the responses to enquiries, including representing the charity to external stakeholders, using the CRM system, dealing with questions, or passing them to other members of the team as needed.
- Potentially help to manage the charity's payroll, finance and accounting procedures including payment of invoices and reporting to donors. Overseeing the admin and reporting from external grant-funded partners.
- Potentially assist with the administration of the fundraising/development work.
- The ability to demonstrate an aptitude for the type of work outlined above, and to learn quickly. You don't necessarily need to have worked in an Operations role before. It would be an advantage to have demonstrable experience in one or more of the following: administration, operations, establishing and running processes, project management, recruitment, HR, finance, or other relevant area.
Application Deadline: 5 April 2021, 11.59pm BST. We will be assessing candidates on a rolling basis, so please apply now!