£14.46 - 14.46 per hour
020 7820 7308
over 2 years ago
A wonderful Homelessness charity are looking to recruit their next Outreach Worker based on an ongoing temporary basis. You will be a Migrant Outreach specialist focused on engaging with the homeless Indian Diaspora within the London Borough of Ealing.
Please note that due to the nature of this role, my client is looking for an immediately available, Punjabi or Hindi-speaking candidate.
The core working hours are 10am-6pm but some flexibility is required for the occasional visit to evening services such as the soup kitchen or night shelter.
Key responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Maintain a case load of clients that you will provide ongoing guidance and support to
- Assess the needs of individual rough sleepers and provide them with a variety of options surrounding support and accommodation
- Advocate, on behalf of rough sleepers, with external agencies regarding their welfare rights and health needs
- Promote awareness of the service and related issues
- Take part in the evaluation and development of services within the Outreach Team
Skills and Experience required:
- Excellent written and verbal communication in both English and in Punjabi, Hindi, or a related Indian Language
- Experience of motivating complex client groups to sustaining housing, health or work outcomes
- Strong ability to network and build relationships
If you feel that you have the above required experience, please respond with your updated updated CV immediately. Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted further.