£14.90 - 14.90 per hour
020 7820 7307
23 days ago
1 Month, 2 Weeks, 1 Day
I am delighted to be working with an amazing end of life charity in search of a PA/EA. We are seeking a dynamic individual with strong administrative and writing skills who would enjoy contributing to a high-profile campaign and rapidly-growing charity to join the teams across two organisations. The role would be ideal for someone seeking to become more actively involved in the not-for-profit sector, while gaining a greater understanding of how campaigns work.
You will have a unique opportunity to gain a holistic overview of leading a campaign and a charity; a comprehensive introduction to human resources; and a close-up of the working life of a Chief Executive with insight into managing and motivating teams, fundraising, and leading one of the highest profile campaigns in the UK today.
- To provide high level administrative, project management, and research support to the Chief Executive.
- To provide excellent writing support to the Chief Executive by drafting email templates, responses to members and stakeholders, and other material as required.
- To support the Chief Executive in building and maintain an active and innovative presence on social media.
- Work alongside the Chief Executive to provide proactive governance and secretarial support to the Boards of Directors and Trustees.
- To play an active role in the development and maintenance of efficient and effective administrative and human resource systems in the office.
- To maintain confidentiality, use discretion and sound judgement in undertaking all areas of responsibilities.
- Support to the Chief Executive and a dynamic team
- Harnessing real change in end-of-life choices requires rapid practical responses to a range of issues. You will be responsible for contributing to this fast-paced environment by:
- Managing specific projects on behalf of and under the general direction of the Chief Executive
- Ensuring the smooth and efficient running of the Chief Executive's office: including managing the Chief Executive's diary and responding to enquiries and correspondence as delegated by Chief Executive, channelling subsequent correspondence
- Drafting correspondence, briefings, papers, and any other materials that the Chief Executive requires
- Supporting the Chief Executive in managing our major donors and stakeholders
- Supporting the Chief Executive in optimising their social media presence
- Monitoring and responding promptly to enquiries to the general email account
- Arranging hospitality and travel for meetings as requested
- The Board members and Trustees are dedicated professionals who bring with them diverse expertise in support of the campaign and charity. You will work alongside the Chief Executive to facilitate their strategic input by:
- Leading on the organisation of Board meetings and events (such as Away days) including preparation of agendas, papers, and venues and take minutes of meetings
- Acting as a first point of contact for Board members and Trustees on organisational matters
- Undertaking appropriate post-meeting action to ensure implementation of decisions arising from meetings and ensure an appropriate forward plan for the work
- Assist in the recruitment of new Board members, including advertising posts, screening CVs, arranging interviews and extending offers and ensure all Board members receive a detailed induction
Human Resource Administration:
- Behind a winning campaign and a cutting-edge charity is a motivated and passionate team. You will be responsible for maintaining the vibrant team atmosphere by:
- Playing an active role in the development and maintenance of efficient and effective human resource systems
- Supporting senior managers on recruitment and selection, including drafting appropriate job descriptions, advertising opportunities, arranging interviews, checking references, extending job offers, issuing contracts and welcoming new team members
- Updating and maintain employee files and the HR database ensuring that all information is kept up to date and legally compliant
- Contributing to the overall office environment ensuring that all areas are kept safe and presentable in line with Health & Safety requirements
- Liaise with the building management company and maintenance staff
Experience and knowledge
- Experience of administrative work in a fast-moving environment.
- Experience of working with and coordinating committee meetings, including experience taking complex minutes
- Experience of implementing and maintaining administrative systems and procedures
If you have the above skills and experience and are immediately available, please apply online today!