£35k per year + Pro-rata
020 7820 7310
6 months ago
Harris Hill Charity Recruitment Specialist are working a UK based to find a part-time charity accountant (3 days a week).
The role is to support the Financial Controller in preparing key financial information including statutory accounts, management accounts and financial plans for all of the organisation's charitable activities. You will also ensure they are carried out efficiently, effectively and in line with best practice. Providing financial support to the Head of Philanthropy, Education Manager, committees with a charitable ambit and boards of charity trustees.
Develop and prepare accurate, timely and relevant financial and management reports on the charitable activities of the charity.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Preparation for the production of annual accounts for the charitable entities, in accordance with accounting practices and SORP.
- Submission of annual returns to the Charity Commission and HMRC.
- Liaison with auditors.
- Prepare quarterly management accounts and provide relevant financial analysis.
- Present management accounts to the Financial Controller.
- Administer the production of relevant financial information for charity management accounts.
- Record and reconcile the charitable investment portfolios
- Month end reconciliations and processes.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the sales ledger, purchase ledger, cash book.
- Administration of grant payments for all of the charitable activities.
- Manage and operate monthly direct debit reconciliations and submissions for donations.
- Credit Control.
- Supplier payments, expenses and reconciliation of credit card statements.
- Bank reconciliations.
- Assist the senior team to create budgets for fundraising activities.
- Ensure full compliance relating to VAT, donated goods and gift aid regulations.
- Accurate recording of all donations received (ensuring full compliance for gift aid claims, producing financial information to management regularly).
- Adhere to the Charity's financial procedures ensuring full compliance with government regulations and procedures
The successful candidate will be:
- Part qualified/qualified accountant or actively studying (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent)
- At least 5 years' experience in a not for profit sector
- Experienced in preparing management accounts and year end accounts
- Book keeping
- Solid written and verbal communications skills
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Strong presentational skills
- Analytical skills
- Knowledge of accounting software programmes.
- Up to date knowledge of accounting regulations including FRS102, SORP, UKGAAP. (Including housing SORP)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Gift Aid
The salary is £35,000 (pro-rata) based on a 3 day working week.