£40k per year
over 1 year ago
A leading charity with a worldwide membership is seeking a Policy Manager: the role is based within the organisation's Policy and Public Affairs Team. The Policy Manager will be charged with producing high-quality policy reports and other materials to support the wider team's policy insight and influencing strategy aimed at key decision-makers across the world.
- Support the development and delivery of policy content to reinforce the charity's influencing strategy
- Produce reports, policy statements and responses to government consultations and select committee inquiries.
- Analyse political, economic and industry developments to ensure that policy projects address the most important issues
- Lead the development of policy across multiple programmes and projects and present policy positions to wider audiences
- Enable knowledge transfer from the charity to key policymakers and industry leaders by producing briefings
The successful applicant will join an ambitious team and have a broad remit to support the development of policy content to achieve the team's outcomes.
The role would ideally suit a strong researcher and compelling writer who is capable of breaking down complex topics into clear narratives in order to effect policy change.
The successful applicant will be familiar with and comfortable working with senior figures in politics, the civil service and industry. They will have experience of carrying out research, report drafting, responding to government consultations, as well as a thorough understanding of the public policymaking processes.