£25k - 27k per year
3 months ago
A well-respected, community focused organisation is seeking a pro-active Press and PR Officer to support the delivery of their 25th Birthday celebrations. The role will support the Press and PR team in increasing exposure of the organisation's extraordinary contribution to life in the UK over the past 25 years.
You will be involved in creating media opportunities to display the charities involvement in a variety of projects including protecting the environment, building local communities, unleashing creative talent and powering sports teams.
The role will include:
- Preparing detailed plans to manage pro-active and reactive media opportunities.
- Drafting and selling in news and feature stories to national, consumer, regional and trade press and broadcast media.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with journalists across all media.
- Manage media enquiries and responses including spokespeople requests, statement, images and film.
- Manage negative stories and correct omissions and misinformation.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstratable experience working on high profile campaigns
- Ability to target a range of audiences in a multi-channel environment
- Evidence of gaining high quality media coverage
- Strong editorial and copywriting skills
- Knowledge of recent developments in digital and social media
Salary - £25-27,000 per annum
Contract Fixed Term Contract until End of December 2019
If you are a passionate Press and PR professional, looking for a fast paced and collaborative environment, please email your CV to Harriett.Stevens@harrishill.co.uk for more details!