£45k per year
020 7820 7324
2 months ago
Harris Hill is excited to be working with Apolitical in its search for a Product Manager.
Apolitical is a leading global technology start up accelerating the transformation of government by helping public servants find the policies, peers and partners they need to tackle the world's biggest problems. After launching in 2017, Apolitical spans over 170 countries, with users including public servants, policymakers and politicians and members ranging from mayors, ministers and heads of state to millennials pioneering digital innovations.
As Product Manager, you'll be:
- Learning about Apolitical's users and deeply understanding the government ecosystem
- Developing and testing new ideas working with designs, light touch tests and prototypes to iterate quickly
- Working closely with the growth, content, community and partnerships team to connect dots and align goals
- Working closely with the engineers to support the delivery of the product from design to QA making sure everyone has what they need to deliver great experiences
- Constantly trying to improve our sprint process trying new things to get high quality delivery, faster
- Getting stuck into the data analysis to figure out what can be learnt and what can work better
- Running decision making around the backlog making important decisions and trade-offs; choosing between fixing bugs and fresh features, between making improvements for internal users and external users
- To be energetic and mission driven truly excited about helping government be better
- An interest in technology, particularly platforms
- Some experience in a product management or software project delivery role
- A confident, thoughtful communication style you'll be leading user testing and need to be comfortable interviewing Apolitical's government users
- To be comfortable taking smart risks, as well as collecting data and thoroughly testing ideas
- Versatility this is a multi-disciplinary team delivering an unusual product.
- You will be connecting the dots between software engineers, designers, policy journalists and partnership managers
- Obsessive attention to detail and the ability to hold together a lot of strands of work at the same time
- Big picture thinking Apolitical are doing something global and aspirational
- Being able to zoom in and out between 10 year thinking and 1-week thinking is crucial!
It would be great if you also had
- Start up experience, or experience in a small team
- Exposure to public servants and policy issues, either through work or volunteering
- An agile qualification or scrum master training
- Coding, data analysis and/or design experience
- Some experience in qualitative and quantitative research methods
This is a full-time, permanent position paying circa 45k p.a. If you are interested in this position, please send your most recent CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com . Applications will be reviewed and submitted on a rolling basis. Please note that only suitable applicants will be contacted.