£18k per year
020 7820 7320
7 months ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Cardiff Women's Aid, this fantastic charity are working to prevent and respond to domestic and sexual violence and all other forms of violence against women and girls. The RSW will need to provide support the Accommodation based IPA team to provide a high-quality frontline service to victims of domestic and sexual abuse and wider VAWDSV issues. Please note the service is 24/7 so we need people who can and will work outside normal office hours.
Due to the sensitive nature of the charity's work this vacancy is open to women only (exempt under the Equality Act 2010 Schedule 9, Part 1).
- Provide 24/7 cover within the organisations Intake & Assessment property on a rota basis
- Welcome new clients into the organisations accommodation-based support facilities
- Complete a comprehensive induction with all new residents
- Ensure all housing benefit forms are completed within a timely manner
- Support the IPA with a caseload of diverse risk and need to ensure all women and children, whenever possible are supported through their journey by the same worker
- Remain up-to-date and compliant with all organisational procedures policies and professional codes of conduct and uphold standards of best practice.
- Have a good understanding of domestic violence/ abuse including the impact of domestic violence/ abuse on victims and their children.
- Have theoretical, practical, and procedural knowledge of civil and criminal justice remedies for victims of domestic abuse and their children.
- Understand child protection issues, how to respond to effectively safeguard, and the legal responsibilities surrounding these issues
- Understand the principles of risk assessment, safety planning and risk management for victims of domestic violence/ abuse and their children.
- Understand and be committed to equal opportunities and diversity issues in policy and practice.
- Working with vulnerable people, including families and/ or children.
- The post-holder is expected to work flexibly between 00:00hrs 23:59hrs Monday-Sunday.