£43,440 per year
about 2 years ago
Harris Hill are delighted to be recruiting a Safeguarding Advisor for a fantastic Christian Non-profit.
To be considered for this opportunity it is essential that you have a Professional qualification in a relevant discipline (as below). The successful candidate will be in sympathy with, and in their work support, the Christian aims and mission of the organisation and will have charity or non-profit experience.
Job Title: Safeguarding Advisor
Salary: £43440 pa
Hours: Full time
Duration: 6 months
- Provide specialist professional advice and guidance to the Chapter on all matters relating to Safeguarding;
- To provide professional safeguarding guidance and direction to colleagues where there are safeguarding concerns about children or vulnerable adults;
- To contribute to and participate in the work of the Cathedral's safeguarding governance through representation at relevant internal and enteral meetings;
- To ensure the compliance with legislation and good practice, and challenge areas of non-compliance
- Working closely with the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor in carrying out clergy and non-clergy risk assessments;
- Ensuring policy is up-to-date and reflects best practice, liaising with colleagues and external partners, clarifying detail, accurately reflecting in policy drafts, maintaining version control;
- Managing cases of blemished disclosures with professional safeguarding expertise from the Diocese of London, carrying out DBS risk assessments and supporting managers in monitoring risk assessment actions;
- Supporting safeguarding training where required and with training, delivering safeguarding training to staff;
- Arranging or carrying out self-audits and act as the point of contact for audits, information requests and actions;
- Maintaining all relevant safeguarding databases, files, records and KPIs in accordance with legislation and best practice;
- Carrying out relevant safeguarding and administrative actions from the Safeguarding Advisory Group, maintaining the Safeguarding Risk Register and action logs, supporting others to complete actions and chasing/resolving when necessary;
- Providing back-up support to HR on recruitment procedures including DBS checks when requested; and
- Any other appropriate duties that the line manager, senior management or Chapter may request from time-to-time.
- Professional qualification in a relevant discipline, e.g. health care, social work, probation service
- At least 5 years' experience of working within a safeguarding role and managing cases
- Experience of developing and providing high quality safeguarding training
- Experience of working with statutory agencies
- Experience of initiating and implementing safeguarding policies
- Excellent current understanding of current safeguarding legislation
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality in all situations, particularly those within the sphere of safeguarding
- Ability and confidence to make decisions and provide reconditions in relation to safeguarding
- Ability to influence at a senior level
If you feel that you have the above experience, please respond with your updated CV.
Please note that due to high levels of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted.