£32.5k - 37k per year
about 2 months ago
Leading cancer charity is seeking a Senior Policy Officer to join their Research, Support and Influencing Directorate. The directorate is responsible for delivering the charity's strategy, through world-class research, award-winning services and successful campaigning.
- To develop evidence-based policy positions and recommendations.
- To build strong relationships with, and influence, key external stakeholders.
- To influence change based on policy recommendations.
- To work with colleagues to support the development and delivery of influencing strategies in line with policy positions.
- To act as a source of expertise across the organisation and externally on key policy areas and the wider policy environment.
- To represent the charity at external meetings, developing contacts, building relationships, increasing the charity's profile and spotting / acting on opportunities to influence.
Skills / experience required:
- Working in a relevant policy role, delivering significant change
- Undertaking research and analysing data to support policy development
- Developing credible, evidence-based policy positions and written policy material
- Building, strong relationships and influencing external stakeholders
- Advising on development of influencing strategies
- An excellent understanding of the current policy landscape