£34.5k - 37.5k per year
020 7820 7305
about 2 months ago
Harris Hill are delighted to be supporting a national charity in their search for a Senior Press and PR Officer.
This impactful organisation has an impressive PR function, and as Senior Press and PR Officer you will support the team by leading on raising the profile of the charity’s remarkable research, establishing medical research experts.
In order to do this you will:
- To lead media for the charity’s corporate partnerships to deliver impactful results that meet both parties’ objectives.
- To lead on the creation, delivery and evaluation of PR plans and day-to-day activity for the charity’s PR activity for flagship fundraising campaigns to deliver impactful results.
- To horizon scan ongoing, identifying and seizing opportunities to profile the charity’s fundraising portfolio and position them as expert commentators in the wider fundraising, charity and health sectors.
- To build and nurture trusted and influential relationships with the charity’s fundraising supporters and corporate partners (particularly their press teams) to deliver most impactful results.
- To write impactful and newsworthy content including press releases, statements, letters to editors, blogs, and case study stories, ensuring appropriate internal sign off and issuing to relevant media outlets.
The impactful charity have invested £255 million in breast cancer research and currently fund around 80 cutting-edge projects across the UK and Europe, discovering how to prevent, save lives and live well with breast cancer. Their research, with its internationally renowned reputation, inspires and drives support from thousands of supporters each year, engages world-class researchers and inspires respect from healthcare professionals across the UK. With the COVID-19 Pandemic impacting funding of new research raising the profile of the crucial role research plays for people affected by breast cancer and the need for it to continue, has never been more important.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Relevant experience in a busy and fast-paced press office or news environment
- A track record of success in delivering consistent national and regional media coverage to grow brand awareness, trust and support
- Solid experience working with big brands/clients or charities
- Significant experience in identifying and leveraging reactive PR opportunities with accurate and impactful media statements to achieve profile and secure share of voice
- A strong and honed news sense
Location – London (Hybrid working style)
Contract – 1 Year FTC
Salary - £34,500 - £37,500
To find out more please email a copy of your CV to Harriett.Stevens@harrishill.co.uk or call 02078207305.Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis and the role is subject to close once sufficient applications have been received. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Harris Hill Charity Recruitment Specialists operates an equal opportunity policy and commits to treating all of our candidates and jobseekers fairly. We welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partners