£35k - 40k per year + Pro-Rata
020 7820 7310
2 months ago
Harris Hill is extremely proud to be working with this international grassroots human rights charity that does everything in its power to expose abuses and holds the perpetrators to account. They have teams of researchers that put themselves into situations that can expose shocking revelations. Their teams go into places that no one else has access to.
*This is truly lifesaving work*
This is why we are looking for the right person to join the team as a part-time Technology Associate (4 days a week) to manage all aspects of the cameras and operational equipment.
This is a diverse role, and you will get numerous opportunities to work with grassroots networks and other types of entities from many countries. You will be working at the intersection of technology, human rights, freedom and social justice.
With a focus on security & privacy, circumvention tools and reconnaissance infrastructure you will be deployed to help protect social movements, activists and journalists both locally in countries across the globe.
As the Technology Associate you have two main areas of responsibility:
1) you will manage all aspects of cameras and operational equipment, including assessing needs, providing training, and the development and delivery of new tools and
2) you will provide first-line technical support to staff members and additional IT tasks, with the support of the IT Coordinator.
- Cameras and operational equipment
- Maintain operational equipment, hardware and stocks.
- Manage ongoing communication with staff regarding operational equipment needs, supply, implementation, training, etc.
- Deal with the logistics of operational equipment.
- Manage Special Cameras Consultants.
- Support relations with external organisations in regard to enhancing the operational equipment capabilities.
- Communicate technological issues to less technically able staff members and researchers.
- Prepare and give training & training materials for staff members and researchers.
- Provide the first level of support for various technological problems.
- Assist in the rollout of new hardware/software platforms.
- Research and assess systems
- Maintain awareness and engages with developments and issues in the human rights, technology communities.
- Participate in the new staff induction process.
Salary £35k - £40k (pro-rata) based on a 4 day working week.
You will be a vital member of the team so we look forward to meeting you & we wish you all the best with your application.