This is a voluntary position & as such does not pay a salary
about 2 months ago
Harris Hill is delighted to be working with one of the UK s leading providers of services for Deaf and Visually Impaired people to recruit a new Treasurer to its Board of Trustees!
For more than 45 years DSN has been providing quality community and supported living services for deaf and Visually Impaired people. From residential care to sign language interpreting services; from access to public services through community support and to specific services aimed at empowering young deaf people to achieve, DSN has sought to be both innovative and progressive. Delivering services that improve equality of access, life experiences and opportunities for all deaf and visually impaired people. This commitment defines us, and will continue to inspire us to deliver a better future.
Looking to build upon the success of the last 45 years, DSN is now looking for a new Treasurer to join the Board of Trustees. The Board meets quarterly at one of DSN s offices and we are looking for a Treasurer, ideally a certified accountant, who has the financial skills and acumen to support DSN on the next part of its journey as it seeks to develop services for older deaf people, to expand its provision for people living with Visual Impairment and further develop its offer for young deaf people.
Successful applicants should be able to demonstrate;
- An excellent understanding of the different operational contexts of the voluntary, public, and private sectors
- Significant experience of financial leadership at either an executive or non-executive level
- Previous non-executive experience, with the financial skills and acumen necessary to ensure excellent governance of a charity s finances
- A strong commitment to organisational financial development / improvement / audit and impact analysis
- Excellent communication and relationship skills, political awareness and a personal affinity towards the values of DSN
- A passion for the work of DSN. Lived experience of deafness or Visual Impairment would be especially welcome.
If you would like to receive an Information Pack with details on how to apply, please send a CV in confidence to our consultant Nick Shanks at email@example.com.
For an informal and confidential conversation about the position, please contact Nick at the above address with your contact details, and suitable times to chat.
Please note: responding to this advertisement will not in itself be considered an application. We will need a CV and a supporting statement addressing the full person specification in the information pack.
Closing date for applications: 9am, Friday 29th October 2021
We welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
This role is subject to receipt of satisfactory references and completion of an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Please note! This is a voluntary position & as such does not pay a salary. Travel expenses can be reimbursed as per the Volunteer Expenses Policy.