This is a voluntary position & as such does not pay a salary
8 months ago
Harris Hill is delighted to be working with Haig Housing to recruit two new Trustees.
This is an exciting time to join the board as we convert our growth ambitions and improvement plans into action across our 1,500 homes throughout the UK. Our Trustees play a pivotal role in supporting the executive team at Haig and ensuring that we operate to the highest standards of charity governance. We are looking for new board members to help us improve the lives of veterans and their families in need, by providing quality, affordable homes.
Job title: Trustee (x2)
Job location: Alban Dobson House, Green Ln, Morden SM4 5NS
Salary: This is a voluntary position & as such does not pay a salary. Reasonable expenses are reimbursed.
Term of office: Trustees are appointed for a three-year term, with the opportunity for a further six years on re-appointment.
- Contributing to at least four board meetings, a strategy offsite and four sub-committee meetings a year. These are usually held during business hours in Central London or at our home in Morden;
- Develop a good understanding of Haig s operations and the environment in which we operate. This will include meeting the people we help and the teams that support them;
- Help the board ensure the highest standards of governance and strategic focus;
- Monitor the performance of Haig s activities in a constructive and inquisitive way;
- Making time, skills, and experience available to Haig and its executive (in and outside of regular board meetings).
- Bring a range of diverse professional and real-world experience to the Board;
- Have a strong empathy with the Armed Services community;
- Are articulate communicators with integrity and a strong commitment to Haig and the people we help;
- Are committed to the highest standards of charity governance;
- Previous trustee experience before is not necessary as we will provide new trustees with support and training.
We are particularly looking to enhance the board with skills & experience in the following:
- Housing (particularly social or charitable housing)
- Finance and Risk
- Charitable fundraising would be an advantage
If you would like to receive an Information Pack on how to apply, please send a CV in confidence to our consultant Nick Shanks at email@example.com.
For an informal and confidential conversation about either position, please contact Nick at the above address with your contact details, and suitable times to chat.
Please note: responding to this advertisement will not in itself be considered an application. We will need a CV and a supporting statement addressing the full person specification in the information pack.
Closing date for applications: 9am, Friday 26th November 2021
We welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.