£30k - 33k per year
020 7820 7332
2 months ago
Harris Hill are very pleased to be working with a fabulous conservation charity that has an international reach.
Our client is searching for a Trusts and Major Gifts Fundraising Manager to take the lead on these areas, working closely with the Chief Exec to develop suitable fundraising projects. This is a very interesting position with tonnes of flexibility – the successful candidate could work 3 days a week or full-time at the offices in Battersea.
- To manage fundraising from trusts and foundations by identifying opportunities, developing robust propositions in line with strategic objectives and working closely with conservation colleagues
- To grow larger gifts from individuals and develop an occasional events programme for supporters to meet conservation project leaders
- Research trusts and foundations
- Maintain a stewardship programme with existing and recent funders
- Through use of our existing database of supporters, identify those supporters who are of high net worth
- Review and implement strategy for cultivating these potential larger donors
- Make approaches for funding to these individuals or support others identified to do so where more appropriate, such as trustees, Chief Executive or project staff
- Support the administration of the legacy programme
Knowledge and experience
- A genuine interest and empathy for wildlife conservation
- Good knowledge and experience of charity sector
- Experience successfully fundraising larger gifts from individual supporters
- Experience in developing a larger gift programme for individual givers
- Experience of managing small-scale events or meetings suitable for supporters likely to be able to give larger gifts or leave legacies
- Ability to write clearly and appropriately to convey propositions convincingly to prospective funders
- Ability to work on own initiative and without close supervision, and to manage several projects at the same time sometimes with conflicting priorities
For more information about this vacancy and next steps please apply here and a consultant will be in touch to discuss further. Please kindly note, due to the volume of applications only candidates with suitable experience will be contacted.