£25,620 - 28,405 per year + Benefits
020 7820 7324
over 2 years ago
A major UK-wide mental health charity is looking for a Policy Officer to play a key role in its policy function.
Working as part of the Professional Standards Team, this is a position with varied responsibilities, including:
- Assisting government and policymakers on key mental health issues
- Providing regular updates on policy work and policy developments to the organisation's members and employees at Executive Committee meetings
- Horizon scanning the external policy, parliamentary, legal and research environments to identify emerging policy issues
- Acting as a central point of contact for policy issues
- Assisting with public affairs monitoring and influencing, drafting parliamentary questions and writing briefings/evidence for parliamentary processes
As such, suitable candidates will be educated to degree level or equivalent, ideally with a background in mental health, health and social care, or public policy. You will also have solid research skills, excellent interpersonal communication skills and, ideally, experience in policy and parliamentary affairs.
This is a full-time, permanent position to be based in Cardiff, Wales, paying 25,620 - 28,405 p.a. and working to a deadline of 22nd May. If you are interested in this position, please send your most recent CV to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please note that only suitable applicants will be contacted.