£14.29 - 14.29 per hour
about 2 years ago
4 Months, 1 Day
Harris Hill are delighted to be recruiting for a Youth Development Officer for an amazing Educational Trust. The successful candidate will be enable thousands of young people to engage with the specific project, especially in out-of-school environments through national and local youth organisations.
The successful candidate will have charity or non-profit experience.
Please only apply if you are immediately available.
Job Title: Youth Development Officer
Salary: £ 14.29ph
Hours: 35pw, 9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday with some flexibility
Duration: Immediate start to March 2020
- Research and engage local and national youth groups and agencies, and umbrella youth organisations
- Ensure the project is widely supported by young people
- Identify ways to optimise engagement of young people
- Empower youth groups to engage with the project
- Identify ways to measure youth engagement
- Support a small group (of six to eight) youth spokespeople/representatives
- Establish and support a Youth Advisory Board, comprising senior representatives from national youth agencies and organisations
- Proven experience of engaging widely with a broad youth audience
- Track record and experience of developing and maintaining stakeholder relationships to achieve organisation strategy and objectives
- Extensive knowledge of the UK-wide youth sector, especially youth groups and informal education environments
- Experienced in using social media to reach and influence groups in the community
- Deep knowledge of different types of youth groups (eg government-supported, faith-based)
- Experience in collaborating and influencing colleagues with different expertise to achieve goals
If you feel that you have the above experience, please respond with your updated CV.
Please note that due to high levels of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted.