£24k - 26k per year
020 7820 7310
8 months ago
Harris Hill Charity Recruiters are looking for an Accounts Payable Clerk to work with an amazing international organisation who work tirelessly to protect those who do not have a voice for themselves. Your task, should you choose to accept it, will be to assist the finance team in all the duties related to the Accounts Payable function.
This mainly includes working to preparing purchase orders and supporting the timely payments of invoices, performing bank reconciliation with payments made to suppliers, and reviewing and verifying invoices and requests. Besides this, you may also be required to assist with budgeting duties, providing updates for budget holders and performing analysis when necessary.
The ideal Accounts Payable Clerk will have prior accounting experience, either fully or part-qualified in an accounting qualification. It is essential that you are articulate and be a fully proficient commutator orally and in writing. You must also have strong experience with Excel and be comfortable using finance accounting systems, which you will use to maintain and update supplier records (amongst other things).
Besides this, we need someone who has good organisational skills with an ability to prioritise and meet deadlines, with a meticulous attention to detail and as mentioned above great interpersonal and communication skills. You will be working collaboratively with other staff and you will be demonstrating a keen willingness to learn and develop.
Skills and Experience
- Basic double entry knowledge
- Strong experience using accounting packages (Purchase Ledger)
- Strong experience in resolving matters with external suppliers
- Working experience/knowledge of Excel
- Interested in working for an international charity (experience of multi-currency would be a bonus)
- Strong experience carrying out suppliers statements and expenses reconciliations
- Strong time management and organisational skills for planning own work and meeting deadlines
- Experienced working for a not-for-profit/charity
Studying towards accountancy qualifications