£32k per year + pro rata
020 7820 7310
12 months ago
Harris Hill Charity recruiters are proud to be working alongside an independent school who are seeking a part-time Billing Manager (3 days a week) with at least 5 years' experience in an accounts-based administration role who is keen to develop and build their skills.
The successful candidate will take ownership of fee billing function and will be responsible for preparing, raising and issuing termly fee invoices on behalf of the School. The role requires a positive 'can-do' attitude and a willingness to provide excellent customer service. Your skills as communicator and your ability to establish & nurture relationships must be first-class.
You will be offered a generous benefits package, including study support, pension contribution, interest free loans and access to a bespoke discount platform. They also offer a generous 30 days annual leave (pro-rata), plus bank holidays, plus a notional week at Christmas.
Your duties will include:
- Producing the school bills on a termly basis including any interim billing required;
- Establishing and maintaining good working relationships with staff;
- Accurate data entry of all extras onto the finance system for billing purposes;
- Preparing and maintaining current schedules of extras subjects offered by the School;
- Processing direct debit payments for the school fee bills and producing the schedules for parents as required;
- Preparing term end billing activity summary reports, including starters and leavers analysis;
- Working closely with the School Registrars to ensure timely and accurate posting of deposits received and refunded;
- Working closely with the Accounts Manager & HR Manager to maintain a cost analysis of Extra subjects offered;
- Working closely with Management to advice on costs and pricing of extra-subjects;
- Respond to and follow up parent queries regarding school fee accounts;
- Ensuring completeness and accuracy of billing data transfer;
- Working closely with the Finance Manager, database managers and software suppliers to consistently improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Billing processes;
- Providing support and assistance to the finance team as required;
At least 5 years' experience in an administrative finance role or similar;
Experience working with-in a school/charity/non-profit environment.
This is a part-time role with a £32,000pa (pro-rata salary) based on 3 days per week with the option for term-time only.
Good luck and we will be in touch if you have the relevant skills and experience for the role.