£25k per year + pro-rata
020 7820 7310
9 months ago
We are proud to be working alongside an established charitable trust who is looking for an experienced part-time Bookkeeper to assist in managing the day-to-day accounting and finance requirements. Confidentiality, excellent organizational skills and accuracy are important qualifications for this position, as well as good customer relations and the ability to communicate clearly. The ideal candidate for this position is a skilled multi-tasker, is reliable and is committed to consistently meeting deadlines.
You will need to be an experienced bookkeeper however you will also need to be switched on to the 'Bigger Picture' i.e. we would like to find someone with an interesting personality and an inquisitive nature!
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Key Result areas:
- maintain accurate ledgers
- Coordinate bank accounts and report to the management team
- Monitor office expenses
- Monitor statements, keeping an eye on cash flow, profit and loss statements etc
- Prepare tax returns, along with payroll, operating and business taxes
Policy and development
- stay up dated with legislation and advise the Finance Manager
- ensure the implementation of financial policies, processes and procedures.
Planning and budget management
- support the Finance Manager with the business planning process
- Establish and maintain financial models
- Maintain Trust's financial controls, systems and processes
- Maintain book-keeping processes.
- Process all payments ensuring that incoming invoices are approved
- Process and reconcile receipts for auditors to check
- Undertake the monthly reconciliation
- Support the preparation management accounts and reports
- Manage card expenditure and staff expenses
- Manage the organisation's cash and other non-bank accounts
- Ensure compliance with VAT.
- Support the Finance Manager in preparing the annual accounts
- Compile annual Gift Aid reports and submissions
AAT Qualified (or QBE)
Experience of charity governance
This is a part-time role 22.5 hours (3 days) per week (flexi hours)
Salary £25,000 (pro-rata) based on 3 days