£32k per year
020 7820 7305
7 months ago
An exciting opportunity for a communications specialist who has experience of leading behaviour change campaigns, who enjoys building relationships and is a confident communicator. In this role you will be part of an exciting new strategy where two well-known organisations are joining together to create a new programme which reaches out to disadvantaged groups, dedicated to improving the reading, writing, speaking and listening skills of those who need it most.
You will be responsible for planning and delivering communications and behaviour change campaigns. This includes campaign strategies which use a range of innovative channels to spread impactful key messages among communities and affect behaviours among target demographics, synching work with core charity activity. You will also build relationships with local partners including the media and manage campaign activities and events. You will line manage a Campaigns Officer.
- Oversee the rollout of core campaigns in communities and any additional regional campaigns as agreed
- Work with Project Managers and other Campaigns Managers to identify Hub goals and target audiences
- Identify behaviours to affect and barriers preventing target audiences from adopting these behaviours
- Develop key messaging using behavioural science frameworks and present this messaging to stakeholders along with evidence-based rationale
- Test messaging with target audiences e.g. through conducting focus groups
- Draft impactful copy for and advise on campaigning materials e.g. flyers and posters to share key messaging as effectively as possible
- Plan and research innovative local channels relevant to target audiences to disseminate campaign messaging, both on the ground and online
- Devise creative ways to work with local media partners in Hub areas to deliver coverage including key messages
- Develop a digital plan to reach target audiences through social media, campaign websites and other online channels
- Build partnerships with publishing partners, schools, libraries, early years settings, business, cultural and sporting partners to embed campaign messaging in communities
Literacy is a vital element of action against poverty and our work changes children's life stories. The charity is a rapidly growing organisation, with ambitious plans and amazing staff. We have 25 years' experience of delivering programmes and campaigns to improve literacy and partnerships are an essential part of our work with the education sector, with businesses and with community partners. We work closely with both national and local government. Our funders and partners include high street brands and large multinationals.
The successful candidate will be available to start in January 2021. This is a contract running until the end of August 2021.
This is a full-time role. The charity offers a flexible working environment, the office is based in London and ideally you will be office based a couple of days a week, and the rest of the time can be flexible. The role will also involve travel to 'Hubs' across the UK. Please ask me for more information.
Please call me 02078207305 or email Hannah.email@example.com for more information. The charity is reviewing applications on a rolling basis, and are keen to interview in December.
I look forward to hearing from you.