£55,000 - £60,000
almost 2 years ago
Organisation: Citizens Advice Buckinghamshire
Job Title: Chief Executive Officer
Salary: 55,000 - 60,000
Hours: Full time, with occasional weekend and evening work
This is an exciting time for Citizens Advice services in Buckinghamshire. The charities Citizens Advice Aylesbury Vale, Citizens Advice Chiltern and Citizens Advice High Wycombe & District are merging to become Citizens Advice Buckinghamshire. Like the constituent organisations that will form it have done for many years, this new charity will provide independent and impartial advice on debt, benefits, housing, employment and family issues that will help people get their lives back on track, as well as using on-the-ground knowledge to improve local and national social policy.
While the merger was planned long before the Covid-19 crisis, this newly-formed, larger organisation will be better placed to meet the increasing demand for our services. It also matches the geography of one of our primary funders, the newly-formed unity authority, Buckinghamshire Council, which will allow us to build strong working relationships at county level.
Each of the constituent charities have considerable areas of strength, providing services that respond to the need in their local communities. Citizens Advice Buckinghamshire must maintain these strengths and the local feel of services, whilst also ensuring the same high quality, availability and consistency of services across the county, and developing a strong, shared internal culture across the new charity.
We are looking for an established, inspirational leader to work with our dedicated trustees, staff and volunteers to play a key role shaping this merger, and be the first CEO of Citizens Advice Buckinghamshire. The CEO will take a large share of the credit for establishing a robust, innovative and responsive organisation that will provide vital services to the people of Buckinghamshire into the long-term.
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrable experience of providing inspirational leadership to an organisation going through extensive change, ideally gained at an organisation of comparable scale and complexity (c.40 staff, 150 volunteers and a turnover of 1 million).
- A proven track record of successful income generation and business development, through fundraising, commissioning and marketing activities.
- Demonstrable track record of financial management and budgetary control, and ability to manage a budget under the guidance of the treasurer.
- Experience of leading and managing staff, motivating teams at all levels, building working relationships with colleagues, demonstrating personal commitment to organisational and staff development.
- Proven experience of building and maintaining partnerships within and across organisations and sectors
We encourage applicants who are from underrepresented groups with protected characteristics, as we value having a diverse pool of applicants to find the best candidate.
If you would like to receive an Information Pack for this role with details on how to apply, please send an expression of interest and (optional but appreciated) a CV or professional profile in confidence to our consultant, Jenny Hills at email@example.com
For an informal and confidential conversation about this position, please contact Jenny at the above address with your number and suitable times to speak. You can also call her on 0207 820 7321 but please be aware the line can be busy so a pre-arranged call is the best way to ensure availability.
Please note: responding to this advertisement will not in itself be considered an application. We will need a CV and a supporting statement addressing the full person specification in the information pack.
Closing date for applications: 9am, Wednesday 2nd September