about 1 year ago
Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB) is a painful genetic skin condition which causes unstoppable internal and external blisters and skin so fragile it tears at the slightest touch. It can be devastating to live with and tragically certain types of EB can be fatal. An estimated 5,000 people live with EB in the UK and 500,000 worldwide.
DEBRA UK is the national charity that supports people living and working with EB. Founded by families back in 1978 as a support group, today we have a turnover of just over 16m and 385 staff. Our vision is to work towards a world where no one suffers from EB. We do this in two ways:
- We fund pioneering research to find effective treatments and, ultimately, a cure for EB.
- We provide care and support to improve the quality of life for individuals and families living with EB.
We are seeking a new CEO to lead DEBRA and the EB community towards this vision, and work with the dedicated Board and SMT to develop and implement our strategy as DEBRA continues to adapt to the evolving needs of our members and the changing operating environment.
Key details of the role:
Job Title: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Salary: circa £100,000
Contract: Permanent, full time
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
As well as a demonstrable and genuine interest in the work of DEBRA, the successful candidate will have experience of:
- CEO or SMT level experience with wide-ranging responsibility at an organisation of comparable scale and complexity
- Working and developing effective relationships with non-executives
- Developing and implementing wide-reaching strategic plans, translating vision to reality
- Leading and developing senior teams to achieve organisational goals
- Track record of successful organisational development
- Oversight of budgets of comparable scale and complexity (multiple different income sources and expenditures)
We encourage applicants who are from underrepresented groups with protected characteristics, as we value having a diverse pool of applicants to find the best candidate.
If you would like to receive an Information Pack for this role with details on how to apply, please send an expression of interest and (optional but appreciated) a CV or professional profile in confidence to our consultant, Jenny Hills at email@example.com
For an informal and confidential conversation about this position, please contact Jenny at the above address with your number and suitable times to speak. You can also call her on 0207 820 7321 but please be aware the line can be busy so a pre-arranged call is the best way to ensure availability.
Please note: responding to this advertisement will not in itself be considered an application. We will need a CV and a supporting statement addressing the full person specification in the information pack.
Closing date for applications: 9am, Tuesday 1st September 2020