020 7820 7321
4 months ago
At Nottinghamshire Hospice, we add life to days. We focus on the care and treatment of the chronically ill and dying in Nottingham and Nottinghamshire, particularly those at the palliative stage of their illness, as well as support and care for their families and carers. We believe everyone should have a good death. For our service users and their loved ones our palliative, end of life care and support will be a beacon of hope in fulfilling their rights.
We do this by providing care and support in a place of people's own choosing, and most people choose to spend their final weeks and days in their own homes. We make this happen with our Hospice in your Home service - we are not a typical hospice in not having a bedded inpatient unit. We also run a day hospice, providing a wide range of services and treatments.
2020 has been our 40th year of serving our community, and our team have distinguished themselves in continuing our services throughout this most difficult of years. They have adapted rapidly and admirably to delivering more of our care services out in the community, directly supporting patients in their homes with a combination of day and night time support, as well as telephone support and advice.
Our next CEO will navigate us through the constantly changing environment, and lead the organisation through further change and development. They will identify and implement opportunities to realise our ambitions to reach even more of those at end of life in Nottinghamshire, across all parts of the community, who would benefit from our support; and will develop a robust and sustainable business plan that will enable this.
- Job title: Chief Executive Officer at Nottinghamshire Hospice
- Salary: circa 80,000
- Contract: Permanent, full time
- Location: Nottingham
Amongst other criteria, the successful candidate will have:
- Knowledge of current health/social care policies and practices and regulation of clinical services.
- A track record of experience at CEO or Director level, with an organisation that has demonstrated significant growth.
- The ability to develop and deliver a strategic vision for an organisation.
- The ability to manage all stakeholders effectively, both internal and external and to build local partnerships that enable us to further our aims.
- Excellent communication, networking and interpersonal skills, decisive, tactful and calm under pressure with high levels of emotional intelligence.
- Significant experience of change management and organisational development.
We encourage applicants who are from underrepresented groups with protected characteristics, as we value having a diverse pool of applicants to find the best candidate.
To apply for the role please send an up to date CV, a Supporting Statement addressing the full person specification in the information pack and an application form to Jenny Hills and Aled Morris at executive.harrishill.co.uk.
Closing date for applications: 9am, Monday 18th January 2021.