020 7820 7318
3 months ago
Chief Executive Officer The Halpern Charitable Foundation
Salary: circa 50,000
The Halpern Charitable Foundation exists to inspire and transform the lives of the broad and diverse audiences of people and communities in Medway and Kent. It was set up initially in 2002 and carries out its aims through:
- Working and stimulating social inclusion through education, community development, health and wellbeing, regeneration and the Arts.
- Assist those with mental or physical health issues, the vulnerable, socially isolated and artists in addition to the wider community in Medway and Kent to enhance the quality of people's lives.
- Ensuring the preservation of Chatham Memorial Synagogue.
In effect, the Foundation uses the Arts and regeneration to improve Health and Wellbeing, and to facilitate social and physical regeneration. The charity has a property portfolio, including two cafes, a supported living facility and multiple studio spaces, and excitingly, has recently bought the historic River Medway Conservancy Office building on Rochester High Street with plans for more studio space, a gallery, shop and cafe. The Foundation is now looking for its first ever Chief Executive Officer to drive the charity forward. They will be an inspiring leader, able to engage internal and external stakeholders, and build the charity's profile.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an experienced senior leader with a track record of strategy development and implementation, with the ability to work with the trustees to create a vision for the Halpern Charitable Foundation, and draw up a plan to realise it.
- Have a strong understanding of and empathy with the Foundation's work, and willingness to maintain and build on this.
- Have experience of leading an organisation, service or team and developing and empowering people to achieve strategic goals.
- Demonstrate a track record of successful project management.
- Have experience of implementing business and financial planning systems and ensuring good governance of strategy and performance.
- Evidence strong commercial acumen to spot, develop and realise business development opportunities.
- Have broad experience of strategic-level general management, to include financial, legal, HR / employment, service provision, facilities / property management, etc.
If you would like to receive an information pack for this role, with full details of how to apply, please send your CV to email@example.com or call Jenny Hills on 020 7820 7323.
Closing date for applications: 9am on Monday 14th January, 2019