Bury St Edmunds
020 7820 7321
about 1 year ago
Established in 1984, St Nicholas Hospice Care is a successful and much-loved charity serving the local area of West Suffolk and Thetford.
Every year we support nearly 2,000 local people, delivering care across multiple settings. Our services are not just for patients, but for their family and friends too, and include everything from specialist medical care to bereavement support and practical help. We also work with other community services that provide a variety of training and education to local professionals and carers about palliative care and bereavement.
With the upcoming retirement of Dr Barbara Gale MBE, our CEO of 16 years, we are seeking an experienced and charismatic Chief Executive who will lead us to establish greater reach in our community, improving the lives of many more people faced with dying, caring and grief.
The role of Chief Executive is dynamic in nature, requiring knowledge of and attention to many disciplines. Working with directors and other leaders our new CEO will drive our vision across the clinical, income generation and support directorates whilst ensuring the charity runs with excellence in respect to its regulatory and funding stakeholders. Most importantly, they will be a compassionate leader for our staff and volunteers, the people we care for and the community as a whole.
Job role: Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of St Nicholas Hospice Care
Salary: circa £80,000
Location: Bury St Edmunds
Amongst other criteria, the successful candidate will have:
- Senior leadership experience gained at senior level in a complex organisation of comparable scale.
- Demonstrable evidence of strategic development, leading people / organisations through successful change (including cultural change); including the development of a senior management team.
- Substantial experience of successful external influencing, providing vision and strategic leadership and collaborating with a range of other organisation and partners.
- Experience of working effectively with a Board of Trustees or equivalent.
- Solid track record of effectively managing human, physical and financial resources, with experience of delivering long term financial sustainability and stewardship of resources.
We encourage applicants who are from underrepresented groups with protected characteristics, as we value having a diverse pool of applicants to find the best candidate.
If you would like to receive an Information Pack for this role with details on how to apply, please send an expression of interest and (optional but appreciated) a CV or professional profile in confidence to our consultant, Jenny Hills at email@example.com. For an informal and confidential conversation about this position, please contact Jenny at the above address with your number and suitable times to speak.
Closing date for applications: 9am, Monday 24th May.