020 7820 7321
10 days ago
Cardiomyopathy UK is a national health charity supporting people with the heart disease, cardiomyopathy. We are now seeking our next CEO to build on our strong position, raise our profile and that of cardiomyopathy and ensure we reach everyone who needs us so that more people can live well with the condition and fewer lives are lost.
Cardiomyopathy is the name for a group of conditions that affect the structure of the heart and reduce its ability to pump blood around the body. Cardiomyopathy can affect anyone, at any age. It is thought to affect around 1 in 250 people. That’s approximately 266,000 people in the UK currently living with the condition.
We are the only charity in the UK supporting children, young people and adults with this life-limiting heart condition. We are a community of people affected by cardiomyopathy, medical experts, and charity professionals working to provide support and information, campaigning for better access to quality treatment, saving lives through raising awareness and providing hope through shaping research.
Role: Chief Executive Officer (CEO) – Cardiomyopathy UK
Salary: circa £65,000
Contract: Permanent, full-time
Location: Amersham, Buckinghamshire - hybrid working model, with 3 days per week in the office.
As well as a clear personal alignment with our vision, mission and values, our new CEO will have:
- Relevant, recent and substantial experience of working at a strategic leadership level in the not-for-profit/charity sector, ideally in the clinical / health field
- Experience of developing and implementing wide-reaching strategic plans for organisations, and leading teams through the resulting organisational change.
- Business development experience, with a demonstrable track record of developing and growing an organisation’s income, with an ability to identify emerging trends and deliver on opportunities.
- Experience of successfully overseeing use of resources to deliver on organisational goals, including budget management at a comparable scale.
- Experience of holding an ambassadorial role, including a successful track record of stakeholder management, influencing external organisations and raising an organisation’s profile.
We encourage applicants who are from underrepresented groups with protected characteristics, as we value having a diverse pool of applicants to find the best candidate. In addition, we recognise the importance of reflecting the diversity of our communities and audiences within the charity.
If you would like to receive an Information Pack for this role with details on how to apply, please send an expression of interest and (optional but appreciated) a CV or professional profile in confidence to our consultant, Jenny Hills at firstname.lastname@example.org. For an informal and confidential conversation about this position, please contact Jenny at the above address with suitable times to speak.
Closing date for applications: 9am, Monday 11th July 2022.