£80,000 - £85,000
about 2 months ago
The British Association of Dermatologists (BAD) is a professional body of international specialists in dermatology formed to promote and represent the best interests of dermatologists and patients affected by diseases of the skin.
The BAD was formed in 1920 and in 1923 the membership was just 53. Today, there are over 2,000 members from both the UK and overseas and the functions of the BAD are changing and growing. Services have developed into other fields such as practical public education, research and service delivery.
We have a highly capable and committed team of 41 staff, a turnover of 5.4m and assets of 10m, as well as owning the freehold of our headquarters in London.
Our long-standing and hugely respected CEO Marilyn Benham is retiring later this year, and so we are looking for her successor. Marilyn has led significant organisational growth and development over recent years, which we want to continue as we work to provide ever-better services to our members. In delivering this, the CEO will be supported by an engaged Board, a strong and established SMT, and will have the opportunity to appoint to a new Deputy CEO role in the near future.
Key details of the role:
Job title: CEO
Salary: £80,000 - £85,000
Hours: Full time
The successful candidate, amongst other criteria, will have:
- Demonstrable experience of leadership at CEO or SMT level at an organisation of comparable scale and complexity in the healthcare or further education sectors
- Experience of operating at Board level and capable of working with and supporting non-executives
- Proven experience of developing and implementing wide-reaching strategies that successfully deliver objectives
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining strategic senior relationships
- Demonstrable success in working across organisations
- A successful record of engaging, supporting and motivating staff to perform to the best of their abilities
We encourage applicants who are from underrepresented groups with protected characteristics, as we value having a diverse pool of applicants to find the best candidate.
If you would like to receive an Information Pack for this role with details on how to apply, please send a expression of interest to lead consultant Jenny Hills at email@example.com. This will be treated with the strictest confidence. CVs at this stage are welcome, but are not required and will not be considered as an application.
Jenny Hills is happy to have an informal and confidential conversation with potential candidates about the role. Her number is 0207 820 7321 but it is easiest to pre-book a time to call by contacting her with your availability at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: responding to this advertisement will not in itself be considered an application. We will need a CV and a supporting statement addressing the full person specification in the information pack.
Closing date for applications: 9am, Monday 7th September 2020.