£19.23 - 24.72 per hour
020 7820 7307
25 days ago
3 Months, 4 Days
I am excited to be working with an amazing bereavement charity in search of a full time Clinical Counselling Manager. The post holder will take responsibility for the effective and high-quality delivery of the charity's one to one therapeutic counselling, including online services, through a team of staff and sub- contracted practitioners.
You will assist the Clinical Services Director (CSD) in implementing and developing therapeutic projects budgets and service planning.
You will liaise with therapists, supervisors, families, schools and other organisation's in relation to one-to-one counselling. This includes supporting practitioners with complex cases in liaison with supervisors and lead practitioners (assessment practitioner's).
Acting as joint Safeguarding Lead (jointly with Clinical Services Director/Clinical Operations Manager) and ensuring appropriate safeguarding policies and guidance is in place across all services and that practitioners understand their safeguarding responsibilities.
You will work with the Family Liaison Team to ensure the efficient and appropriate management of referrals pathways.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage a cohort of approximately 80 counsellors, lead practitioners and supervisors, ensuring adherence to the organisations policies and procedures.
- Ensure clinicians submit accurate, required paperwork in a timely way through reviews of invoices, case notes, assessments and ending documents.
- To annually review and develop existing clinical policies and procedures in line with sector best practice to ensure they meet with internal organisational policy and external regulatory standards (BACP).
- Assist with the development of new clinical services (including groups and workshops).
- Monitoring of client work through invoice reviews and approval.
- Conducting a quarterly review of lead practitioner caseloads.
- Monitor supervision requirements, costs and quality delivery.
- Assist the Family Liaison Team by offering support and guidance for (complex) referrals.
- Assist the Family Programme Manager through identification of suitable facilitators for groups, workshops and events.
- To act as joint Safeguarding Lead, providing advice and support to practitioners, ensuring appropriate & timely responses to concerns are received (including assistance with risk assessments).
- To hold responsibility for the annual review of internal Safeguarding Policies and Procedures.
- To ensure that all practitioners understand their responsibilities to the safeguarding of their clients.
- To support the development and delivery of safeguarding training for all practitioners.
- To act as 'On Call Manager' for the helpline at agreed designated times which may fall outside of normal working hours.
Counsellor Recruitment & Trainee Management:
- Management of the recruitment and induction programme for new clinicians (including counsellors, lead practitioners and supervisors), ensuring services are adequately resourced.
- Identification and management (including commissioning) of relevant (in-house and external) CPD training events for clinicians (6-8 events per year).
- Provision of monthly group meetings for trainees, ensuring compliance to procedures and administrative processes.
- Provision of regular supervision/1:1 and performance-review meetings for trainees.
- Manage trainee caseloads, including monitoring complex cases, extended client work & DNAs
- Ensure all trainees understand safeguarding requirements and procedures.
- Complete relevant feedback and placement paperwork required by training institutions.
- Support and develop trainees to enhance their levels of competency, expand their experience and build loyalty to the charity. Including supporting trainees to be involved with other services such as groups and workshops.
- Ensure trainees submit required paperwork accurately and in a timely way including client logs, case notes and ending documents.
- Support trainees with general queries, personal/health issues, and references as required
If you have the above skills and experience and are immediately available, please apply online today!