£44k - 49k per year
020 7820 7310
about 1 year ago
Harris Hill is working with an international NGO that is searching for a Commercial Contract Accountant. If you have the relevant experience in this field you will know Commercial Contracts are a popular funding methodology for donors, and as the Commercial Contract Accountant you will be part of the core team involved in the worldwide commercial contracts.
Your remit will be to develop, implement and manage all the finance processes that will ensure efficient financial management and overseeing of the commercial contracts. You will need the experience to be the focal person for all the finance related issues.
As Commercial Contract Accountant will also play a significant role in ongoing DFID commercial contracts and any future commercial overseas contracts.
Ideally you will be qualified (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) and a strong track record in effective budgeting, reporting and process improvement. However, if you have experience of working on commercial and/or performance-based contracts is that more important.
This position could be based in Dublin or London. It will also involve overseas travel as well as to the London office if Dublin-based, and vice versa (possibly 20-30%).
- Commercial Contract Tender preparation.
- Ensuring full understanding of commercial criteria and templates linked to tender submission.
- Leading the development of commercial submission including completion of cost templates with appropriate fee rates.
- Liaising with field teams and Commercial Contract team to ensure timely submission of tenders.
- Supporting development of any commercial risk or value for money submissions.
- Assisting with the development of reporting packs related to the financial management of commercial contracts.
- Development of related financial manuals and procedures.
- Working with the Finance staff in countries with Commercial Contracts to support and train local teams on the relevant procedures and compliance issues.
- Carrying out support visits to areas of operation to conduct trainings and workshops as required.
- Monitoring and tracking fluctuations in foreign exchange.
- Working with the Finance team, as part of the annual audit process, on issues related to commercial contracts
- Working with relevant staff in countries with Commercial Contracts to establish controls and review procedures that ensure all official submissions and invoices to the client are appraised and evaluated before submission.
- Working with the relevant staff in countries with Commercial Contracts to review and monitor field level management reports, cash flow forecasts, financial milestones and deliverables and following up on any relevant variances.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, ACMA, CPA or CA or equivalent) with 3 years post qualification experience at a senior financial level (or Qualified by Experience)
- 2/3 years' plus experience in financial contract management.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong track record in effective budgeting, reporting and process improvement
- Ability to work on own initiative and to lead process
- Strong IT knowledge
- Previous experience working with an international humanitarian organisation.
- Experience in commercial contract management.
- Previous experience workings with government (or equivalent), contracts.
- Previous experience of financial management in a consortium arrangement.
- Internal or External Audit experience.
- Experience in project start up and/or close out.
Contact length: 2 years