£26.5k - 29.5k per year
020 7820 7308
4 months ago
A wonderful social welfare charity are looking to recruit their next part-time Debt Intervention Officer. The role is initially a 5 month contract on a 3 day a week basis (21 hours).
This vacancy is based in North-West London and you will play a key role in the charity's new Information and Advice Team. Please note that you will need to be available to start on the 2nd January 2019.
Key responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Manage a full caseload of debt and money advice cases
- Work with clients to identify various debt solutions and to draw up agreed financial statements
- Maintain detailed and accurate case records on the database and use this to produce reports
- Provide welfare benefits and other income maximisation advice
- Prepare and present cases to the appropriate statutory bodies
- Identify and take-up research and campaign issues
Skills and Experience required:
- Previous experience as a Money and Debt Adviser/Caseworker
- Extensive experience of working flexibly and efficiently with clients
- A good understanding of income maximisation, particularly in the field of Welfare Benefits
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ideally you will hold an Institute of Money Advisers (IoMA) Accreditation
If you feel that you have the above required experience, please respond with your updated CV immediately.