£26.5k - 29.5k per year
020 7820 7308
13 days ago
30 November 2018
05 November 2018
A wonderful social welfare charity are looking to recruit their next part-time Debt Intervention Officer. The role is initially a 5 month contract on a 3 day a week basis (21 hours).
This vacancy is based in Central London and you will play a key role in the charity's new Information and Advice Team.
Key responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Manage a full caseload of debt and money advice cases
- Work with clients to identify various debt solutions and to draw up agreed financial statements
- Maintain detailed and accurate case records on the database and use this to produce reports
- Provide welfare benefits and other income maximisation advice
- Prepare and present cases to the appropriate statutory bodies and courts
- Establish key relationships and deliver information talks with the local community to advertise the Debt Intervention Service
Skills and Experience required:
- Previous experience as a Money and Debt Adviser/Caseworker
- Extensive experience of working directly with clients
- A good understanding of income maximisation, particularly in the field of Welfare Benefits
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ideally you will hold an Institute of Money Advisers (IoMA) Accreditation
If you feel that you have the above required experience, please respond with your updated CV immediately.