£58k per year
020 7820 7311
26 days ago
Harris Hill is recruiting for a Deputy Director of Finance for this human rights charity based in the Southwest of England (Remote working with occasional office visits)
- Salary: £58,000pa
- Position type: Full Time
- Responsible to: Director of Finance
- Direct reports: 3
- Hybrid Working: Remote working with occasional office visits
- Experience: Charity experience would be advantageous, but someone with strong Systems selection and implementation skills would be highly regarded in support of a broader ERP selection project. Experience in accounting for projects, professional services environments and/or inventory would also be beneficial
The Deputy Director of Finance has full autonomy to shape the finance function and place their own stamp on service delivery and will be expected to drive forward improvements in process, culture and customer service.
The role manages three direct reports, all of whom are qualified chartered accountants, and a further four indirect reports.
The Deputy Director of Finance will be a key business partner across the business for matters financial
- Lead and develop finance team;
- Represent the Finance Team in senior leadership forums;
- Business partner support, including international affiliate organisations;
- Monthly financial reporting;
- Developing and monitoring annual budgets and quarterly forecasts;
- Regulatory compliance;
- Audit and annual statutory accounts;
- Direct and indirect taxation compliance;
- Gift aid compliance;
- International Programmes project financial management;
- Donor reporting and compliance;
- Maintenance of robust controls environment;
- Treasury and foreign exchange requirements;
- Board and Finance Committee reporting;
- Oversight of payroll, banking and accounts payable processes.
- Deputy Director of Finance will also support Director of Finance in company-wide systems review project which may lead to the implementation of a new ERP system or development of existing systems.