£33k per year
020 7820 7305
11 months ago
As Digital Communications and PR Officer you will be at the forefront of an exciting charity who have been funding medical breakthroughs for over 65 years. You will be responsible for a breadth of comms activities including leading content strategy online across a range of digital platforms and offline including selling in ideas to media and developing national media stories.
The successful candidate will have experience in either medical or scientific research or pharmaceutical based communications and be a confident copywriter in order to hit the ground running in this role. You will join a small yet dynamic team and the organisation offer a supportive working environment, and the opportunity to navigate your own ideas and push boundaries.
You can work remotely, with the ability and willingness to travel in on an ad-hoc basis/when required for key meetings/work for example. The office is based in Sussex.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Develop digital content plans for warm audiences to reflect relevant subject areas for the charity as well as support fundraising appeals.
- Develop engaging communication packages of research which can be used by fundraising staff to communicate with their varied audiences.
- Produce multimedia content, including video stories, infographics, blog posts, web stories and other content to support charity activity.
- Grow our social channels
- To act as the charity’s focal point for media activity on medical research and to nurture productive relationships with journalists and researchers.
- To source, develop and manage relationships with families and write up their stories to provide copy for fundraising appeals, publications, social media and so on.
Your previous experience:
- Proven ability to write about medical research and complex issues clearly and effectively.
- Ability to identify and translate interesting stories from research findings.
- Experience of developing, implementing and evaluating content plans covering digital platforms.
- Experience of using monitoring and evaluation tools to help understand how digital and social activity is performing.
Salary £33,000. Benefits include 22 days annual leave plus additional closure days between Christmas and New Year and a Group Flexible Retirement Plan.
The charity will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, so please get in touch ASAP to start the conversation.
Interviews will take place via zoom, as soon as they hear from a suitable candidate.
To find out more about the opportunity, please do get in touch by emailing your CV to Hannah.email@example.com or calling 02078207305.