£20.51 - 20.51 per hour
020 7820 7313
3 months ago
4 Months, 1 Day
Harris Hill is delighted to be working with Article19, a Human Rights charity, find a Digital Communications Officer for 4 months, 24 hours per week.
Article19 work to protect and defend the universal human rights of freedom of expression and information around the world. As a Digital Communications Officer, your responsibilities include communication delivery and support for both international and regional advocacy teams, global campaigns, information management and internal communications.
The Digital Communications Officer is responsible for engaging ARTICLE 19's audiences online, through creative use of digital channels, including the website, and social media.
More specific responsibilities include:
- Creation of digital communications strategies around key pieces of work and advocacy/campaigns priorities and help identify most effective ways of communicating their work.
- Publish high quality and engaging content to the website and publish ARTICLE 19's online resources.
- Work with stakeholder's and agencies, develop audio visual content, including script writing and pitching ideas.
- Working with the team to manage social media presence on platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and emerging channels.
- Manage digital resource library.
- Report and monitor social media statistics.
- Experience in communications, journalism or marketing role, specifically in managing social media, content development for websites (Ideally through WordPress).
- Experience working with an NGO or organisation with a human rights, legal, or public-policy focus.
- Experience of producing an/or managing production of multimedia content such as photography, film and audio.
- Enthusiasm for and experience of supporting colleagues with digital communications activities, either through coaching/training or assisting with particular projects.
- A strong understanding international issues and familiarity with and commitments to human rights.
At this stage, this role may be a 4 months, fixed term contract or 4 months, paid on an hourly/daily rate basis. Please state you preference on your application and I can endeavour to secure. The salary base if 40k, working a 37.5 hour week.
For an opportunity to be considered for the wonderful charity, please apply for more details.