£28k - 30k per year
020 7820 7302
about 1 month ago
Harris Hill are delighted to be supporting Thrive in their search for an Direct Marketing Officer to join their expanding fundraising team.
The organisation uses gardening to bring about positive change in the lives of people living with disabilities or ill health, or who are isolated, disadvantaged or vulnerable. They are dedicated and passionate about the health benefits that gardening, horticulture and spending time in nature can bring and our aim is to ensure that people with varying needs have the opportunity to access therapeutic gardening and horticulture programmes, wherever they live, and are actively encouraged to use gardening as part of their personal health and wellbeing management.
This role will join the growing Fundraising and support in raising funds to further the charitable work of Thrive. The Individual Giving Officer will formulate and deliver strategic and operational plans to establish and grow unrestricted/core income for the charity. You will be working towards financial targets and will be working closely with the wider fundraising team to ensure that targets are met and that key relationships are developed.
- To develop and deliver our Direct Marketing programme growing the supporter base and income generated; work collaboratively with colleagues across Thrive to create compelling cases for support.
- To keep abreast of innovative direct marketing practice and competitor activity – adapt new learnings and recommend appropriate tests.
- To lead on individual giving acquisition campaigns.
- To research, identify and develop new fundraising opportunities and areas of potential support for long term regional and national development, which includes online and offline campaigns.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Proven track record of Direct Marketing campaigns online and offline (acquisition, and stewardship), campaign planning and delivery
- Experience of tailoring messages to suit different audiences, and help engage current supporters
- Working with Internal and External teams to produce case studies and content
- Knowledge of the Fundraising environment and regulatory framework in the voluntary sector, including GDPR and The Fundraising Code of Practice
- Excellent writing and editing skills
Salary £28,000 - £30,000
Location Reading, Beech Hill (currently remote with lots of flexible working options)
To find out more please email a copy of your CV to Harriett.Stevens@harrishill.co.uk. This role will firmly close on Friday 3rd September at 8.00am. Please note only successful candidates will be contacted.