020 7820 7321
about 1 month ago
Here at The Retreat, we’re looking for a skilled and experienced person with a wide range of qualities to be our Director of Clinical Services, and play a key role in securing a successful future for The Retreat. The Retreat is a renowned mental health charity with clinics based in York, Manchester and online, working with clients across the UK. We have a long and distinguished reputation for being innovators and leaders in the field of person-centred, modern mental health care providing high quality, sustainable services for neurotypical and neurodiverse adults, young people and children.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to make a positive difference, if you are driven by excellence, achievement, recognition and a person-centred values base then we would like to hear from you.
Role: Director of Clinical Services – The Retreat
Salary: Circa £70,000
Contract: Permanent, full-time
Location: York, hybrid working model (60% remote, 40% on site)
Amongst other criteria, the successful candidate will have:
- Previous experience as an Operational Manager or other senior managerial experience in fast moving health or mental health setting.
- Professional qualification in a relevant clinical area, such as psychology, psychiatry or an allied health role
- Experience of strategy implementation
- Highly developed people management skills with the ability to motivate others
- Understanding of people, teams and organisational and group dynamics
- Commercial and business management experience, particularly in terms of business growth
Working at The Retreat
As Director of Clinical Services, your work will make a real difference to the lives of the people who use our services. You will have the opportunity, time and space to lead, develop and manage tailored, high-quality, holistic person-centred services. We see your role as pivotal to the future success of the charity.
Our Quaker heritage and values underpin everything that we do, and our team are committed to our core values of compassion, collaboration and community building, enabling people to gain hope and encouraging resilience.
You will be supported both personally and professionally with consideration taken to your own wellbeing and development. We actively support continuous professional development and encourage career advancement. You will receive comprehensive administrative support enabling you to concentrate on your senior leadership role.
On top of the salary, we offer a generous benefits package, including:
- 35 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Generous pension scheme
- Protected CPD time and negotiable contracted hours and job shares
- Professional registration fees and clinical supervision paid
- Family friendly policies, including enhanced maternity pay, parental leave and flexible contracts
- Flexible & home working
- Free car parking
- A variety of shopping discounts via our Highstreet partners
- Cycle to work scheme
If you would like to receive an Information Pack for this role with details on how to apply, please send an expression of interest and (optional but appreciated) a CV or professional profile in confidence to our consultant, Jenny Hills at firstname.lastname@example.org. For an informal and confidential conversation about this position, please contact Jenny at the above address with suitable times to speak.
We want to make sure that we are the right organisation for you and that you are the right person to take on this important role. We are, therefore, asking all candidates to attend a full day’s interview process, which will include a presentation, a timed task, group discussions and a formal interview with the Chief Officers and some of our Trustee Directors. The interviews will take place on Wednesday 3rd August and you will need to be available all day. Further details will be provided the week before the interview.
Closing date for applications: 9am Monday 25th July.