£70k - 85k per year
almost 2 years ago
Harris Hill are recruiting for a Director of Finance on a 9 - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract for this forward thinking Charity focusing on New Technology
The Director of Finance role is a pivotal senior role encompassing the strategic and operational needs of the charity, including the management of accounting and financial control functions, along with ownership of the financial strategy of the Trust.
Working alongside the CEO and the Board of Trustees, the Director of Finance will not only be an exceptional accountant with hands-on experience, but be commercially astute and have a deep understanding of charity financial regulations and obligations.
The post holder will support the CEO to develop the strategy of the Trust ensuring it is financially sustainable and investments support the priorities of Charity
The role will be responsible for ensuring compliance with all financial regulations and ensure the timely production of management accounts, tax and other statutory returns including the filing of accounts with Companies House and company returns to the Charities Commission.
The role requires a strong and confident grasp of financial IT systems along with experience of developing and implementing IT to enhance service delivery and support the delivery of both growth and retention.
As a member of the senior management team the Director of Finance will be providing financial advice and support to inform key decisions including new investments and financial risk.
The Finance Director will have a significant amount of contact with customers and must have excellent communication skills that can be tailored to meet the needs of different audiences.
The position requires you to develop and implement an internal review programme to ensure that the company complies with financial procedures and regulations.
Person Specification - Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent IT skills, always being ahead of new technologies and experience of developing and implementing IT systems in a complex organisation
- Qualified member of CIMA or an equivalent accountancy body or holder of an equivalent qualification in a related field
- Deep knowledge of tax law and its application to UK charities
- Experience of managing large scale supplier contracts.
- IT sector knowledge and experience.
- Strong collaboration skills and able to work effectively within an executive team. Able to present effective board level information to members who are non-financial.
- Experience of leading and developing staff and teams
- Experience of financial planning and forecasting.
- Experience of producing management accounts and reports for a medium to large scale organization
- Experience of appraising business cases and advising senior managers
- This is a 9 - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract (with the possibility of going permanent)
- Start date is as soon as possible, or no later than 26th August
- Interviews are immediate