£65k per year + Pro Rata
almost 2 years ago
Harris Hill are recruiting for a Director of Finance to work on a 6 month fixed term contract basis for this international development charity based in London.
This is an ideal position for someone with a significant amount of experience in a senior finance role in an NGO who is looking for the opportunity to use their skills and experience to help shape the strategic direction of this newly formed organisation.
You will join the senior management team to help take this international charity into its next phase and fulfil its exciting new strategy.
Working in close partnership with the Chief Executive Officer, Senior Management Team, staff and Board, the interim Finance Director will contribute to the overall strategic direction of the organisation. You will lead on setting the financial strategy and bringing a vision for how the organisations strategy can most effectively support the delivery of their mission.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring, in close cooperation with the Chief Executive that an appropriate, board approved, financial policy framework is in place to guide the organisation's financial decision making and is implemented across the organisation.
- Provide the Chief Executive with full support to ensure good governance, including ensuring all the Charity Commission returns are provided on time.
- Overall responsibility for working capital management (including cash flow, forecasting, debtor/funder management).
- Supporting the Board with the development and management of the Reserves Policy and Investment Strategy.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Professional qualification (ACCA, ACA, CIMA CIPFA).
- Proven experience in international development charities.
- Substantial experience of leadership at a senior level.
- Experience of developing, delivering and monitoring financial strategy and business plans.
- Experience in the preparation, monitoring and reporting of budget and financial management information to Board level.
- Strong knowledge of company secretarial, legal and tax issues relating to charities
- Excellent understanding of good governance for charities.