£75k - 85k per year
020 7820 7311
6 months ago
Harris Hill is recruiting for a Director of Finance & IT to support our CEO and Senior Management Team towards successful achievement of this vision. This position directly manages the finance function as well as the IT systems across the organisation.
- Days: 5 days a week, with flexibility to work from home up to 2 days max. (once the offices are fully opened).
- Location: Based in Bracknell, Berkshire
- Salary: £75,000pa - £85,000pa
This is a key role on the senior management team, with strategic responsibility for the charity's financial position and collective responsibility for its overall success, but it is also a hands-on role.
- Fully qualified Accountant (CCAB).
- Operational experience in IT systems.
- Knowledge of accounting standards, VAT, HMRC and Charity accounting requirements.
- Strategic focus, demonstrating enthusiasm for the charities vision and purpose.
- Manage the Finance and IT Department (including the Charities database) and act as lead adviser on all financial matters, ensuring compliance with all legal and financial requirements.
- Provide oversight and financial control of all areas of the charity's activities.
- Liaise with the Treasurer and the Finance, Risk and Audit Committee. Take minutes and organise distribution of Trustee papers for meetings.
- Membership of the charities Retail Committee.
- Produce the annual Financial Statements in accordance with current legislation and accounting standards, liaising with auditors and ensuring that Accounts are completed accurately within statutory reporting timescales. Co-ordinate the production of the Trustees' Report and Accounts and the Director's Report and Accounts for the trading subsidiary
- Ensure that the cash flows of the charity are efficiently and prudently managed.
- Manage the general ledger systems and interfaces from feeder systems, including EPOS software and the charity's main database, ensuring the accuracy of accounting records and maintaining documentation of accountancy procedures.