£58,660 per year + Pro Rata
over 1 year ago
Harris Hill are recruiting for an Interim Director of Finance & Resources (9-month fixed term contract. 4 days a week with flexibility for the right candidate)
You will report directly to the Chief Executive and be an active member of the Senior Leadership Team
£58,660 FTE per annum pro-rata (9 months and 4 days a week) plus 30 days' holiday plus bank holidays, Pro Rata
Gloucestershire, but during the pandemic, the position will be working remotely, with the occasional meeting at their Covid safe offices.
- To be responsible in this period to the Chief Executive for the financial management, together with the effective delivery of excellent support services including IT and Data Insights and Facilities.
- This role will also work closely with the Director of Fundraising and Communications on supporting income generation and business development.
- To support the Chief Executive, senior managers and the Board in planning our activity for 21-22 and delivering a strong financial performance for the organisation in 20-21, seeking to maximise the use of our resources and manage risk in the short and medium term.
- To maintain excellent financial controls and develop and implement relevant policies and procedures across the organisation in relation to Finance, IT and other functions.
- To ensure compliance with the relevant legislation and guidance in relation to risk, health and safety and governance.
- Fully qualified accountant / Chartered accountant with at least five years' post-qualification experience
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to develop and motivate others to succeed, ideally with some experience of remote management and working
- Passionate about improving outcomes for children
- Excellent collaborator and team player both as part of senior management team and leader of key functions
- A positive approach to work and people, with an ability to champion cultural and organisational change and a commitment to diversity, equality and inclusion
- Management of multi-million pound budgets and closure of period and year end accounts
Finance and Resources
- Preparation of the 21-22 financial plans and current and future (21-22) forecasts
- Leadership of the 21-22 budget and operational planning process, ensuring that targets are challenging yet realistic and that key financial risks are identified and mitigated;
- Preparation and presentation of timely and accurate financial information to the Board, the Finance, Risk and Audit sub-committee and to other senior managers to support effective decision making at each level;
- Maintaining relationships with key external partners, stakeholders and contractors - for example around audit; investment management; pensions, order fulfilment and with other relevant contractors and suppliers;
- Supporting fundraising and income generation by providing detailed project costings for proposals and reports to funders, critically analysing business cases, contracts and propositions;
- Preparing year end statutory accounts and preparation for/oversight of the annual statutory audit;
IT and Reporting
- Manage the IT support contract, ensuring that an efficient and effective service is provided which meets business needs, including technical support, back up staff training and helpdesk functions;
- Maintain data systems including co-ordination of management information and data insights required to produce regular reports to Directors, the SLT and the Board;
- Support any requirements of the ongoing digital transformation;
- Be responsible for data protection and lead a review of GDPR compliance across the organisation.
Company Secretariat and Governance
- Ensure compliance with the Companies Act and Memorandum and Articles of Association, ensuring the Annual Return and other statutory returns are submitted to the Charities Commission and Companies House within the appropriate time limits;
- Work with the Corporate Services Team to call meetings of the Board and sub-committees as directed by the Board; and ensure that minutes and action points are kept of all meetings of the Directors and are appropriately authorised and filed;
- To be the organisation's key contact for legal matters;
- To take overall responsibility for risk management and maintain the organisation's risk management framework and risk register