£70k per year
020 7820 7311
10 months ago
Harris Hill is recruiting for a Director of Finance & Corporate Services for this Social Housing Charity based in the Kent.
- Report to: Chief Executive
- Responsible for: Financial Controller, Business Support Officers
- Salary £70,000pa plus excellent benefits
- Social Housing or Housing Association experience would be advantageous
- Please apply as soon as possible. Interviews are immediate
Main purpose of the job:
- To provide a comprehensive financial accounting, treasury management, IT and HR service to the board, its committees and the management team.
- To develop, lead and manage the performance of corporate services to ensure it supports the strategic aims of the association's business plan.
- To be responsible for the Corporate Services functions including the line management of all related staff. To deputise for the CEO as and when required.
- Ensure that proper effective accounting records, financial control systems and compliance systems are established and maintained and that all financial matters are dealt with in a proper and secure manner
- Prepare full annual accounts and have them externally audited in a timely manner
- Ensure the associations' business plan is updated at least annually and carry out sensitivity analysis as required by the CEO or board.
- Provide the board with regular management accounts and key performance indicators to enable it to exercise strategic control over the financial affairs of the association.
- Lead and coordinate the Audit and Risk Committee ensuring that meetings and relevant papers are managed in a timely manner
- Prepare the companies budgets and financial/management accounts and to ensure deadlines are met by exercising strict control over the process.
- Lead on the delivery of IT systems, processes ensuring that they are effective, efficient, secure and fulfil strategic objectives.
- Manage the association's loans portfolio and explore and evaluate the various opportunities for financing future development opportunities, including updating borrowing strategy. Ensure all loan covenants and ratios are met
- Monitor the association's cash flow position ensuring that funding is available when required and that surplus cash is invested in accordance with approved investment procedures
- Manage the outsourced IT and HR systems ensuring that they are delivering value for money
Compliance and Control
- Ensure that robust financial administration systems, procedures and controls are in place and are properly documented and adhered to
- Lead on the development and maintenance of risk management procedures and appraisal systems for all significant areas of risk with the support of the CEO and make appropriate recommendations
- Ensure the association meets all its statutory financial obligations e.g. VAT, Corporate Tax, returns to Companies House etc.
- Ensure adequate insurance cover is put in place so that risks are minimised and regularly
Health and Safety
- Ensure working practices are in line with employers' health and safety obligations.