£75k - 80k per year
020 7820 7311
about 1 month ago
Harris Hill is recruiting for a Director of Finance and ICT for this Community Support based Charity in South East London
- Position: Full Time
- Flexible Working: A Minimum of 1 day a week is required in their offices based in South East London
- Salary: £75,000pa - £80,000pa Depending on experience
- Reports to: Chief Executive
- Staff Management: Team of 4, 2 Finance, 1 IT, and 1 Data
- The Director of Finance and ICT contributes to the charity's strategic direction and together with the CEO and Deputy CEO, is responsible for the long-term financial viability of the charity.
- The post holder has leadership and operational responsibility for the provision of all finance and ICT services within the charity and any subsidiaries, and a number of specific areas of compliance and quality assurance including GDPR and insurance.
- The post holder will also work closely with the Director of HR & Workforce Development, Treasurer, and the Finance Sub-Committee of the Board and provide support to the Director of Services and Services team.
KEY TASKS, DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide sound financial advice to the Board of Trustees and Finance Committee, the Chief Executive and colleagues on the senior leadership team, acting as the leading interface between management and trustees/directors on financial matters and maintaining regular liaison with charities treasurer.
- Support the Chief Executive in their role as company secretary, preparing the statutory accounts in accordance with the Charity SORP and the Trustees' report, and ensuring Companies House and Charity Commission returns are on time.
- Provide advice on governance and relevant compliance and legal matters, and act as reporting officer.
- Contribute to the charities strategic direction, leading and developing the short and longer term Financial strategy, planning and budgeting processes including development of the annual business plans.
- Ensure strong processes are in place for resource allocation, performance monitoring, cash flow management, invoicing and debt collection.
- Develop the annual corporate budget, in close co-operation with SLT colleagues and others, for review by the Finance Committee, and approval by the Board of Trustees.
- Ensure that we have up to date and appropriate costing models for Business Development, Fundraising and Services teams.
- Lead on our investment strategy and planning, in accordance with our ethical investment policy, liaising with our investment fund management provider.
- Develop the charities ICT strategy ensuring most effective use of technology and manage and develop the charities ICT support team.