£59k per year
020 7820 7311
8 months ago
Harris Hill is recruiting for a Director of Finance and Operations for this Human Rights Charity based in London.
- Reporting to: Chief Executive
- Seniority: Part of the SMT
- Salary: £59,000pa
- Management: This is a hands-on role managing 2 staff, plus volunteers and interns
- Interviews: W/C 4th October, so apply immediately
- Flexible working is available
- Relevant accountancy qualifications or appropriate experience
- At least three years' experience in charity accounts
- Experience in personnel management in a small/medium sized organisation
- Responsibility for ensuring effective cross organisational budgeting and planning process, to underpin robust strategic business plans.
- Monitoring complex budgets is key to maintaining a clear grasp of our expenditure and income related to restricted and unrestricted budgets. Ensuring systems for recording income and producing clear and accurate management information for budget holders.
- Maintain HR systems. You will be expected to draft HR policy and maintain up to date knowledge and best HR practice throughout the organisation.
- Maintain and provide Health and Safety, Standing Financial Instructions, Charity Commission returns, and Board administration.
- Support the charity in ensuring that it safeguards the wellbeing of its staff, IT infrastructure and the physical environment
- Maintain accurate and up to date financial, including preparing quarterly management accounts and annual statutory financial accounts.
- Prepare annual budgets and monitor cash flow projections based on the business and operational plans
- Produce regular (normally quarterly) management accounts, including budget variances and agreed performance indicators
- Prepare annual statutory accounts, liaising with the Treasurer as required