£55k - 60k per year
020 7820 7311
25 days ago
Harris Hill is delighted to be supporting Vision Aid Overseas to recruit their new Director of Finance and Operations.
- The position reports Directly to the Chief Executive
- The position is predominantly home based with limited office based in Crawley, West Sussex
- The salary is £55,000pa - £60,000pa
- The position is Full-time
Vision Aid Overseas
- Vision Aid Overseas exists so that children in Africa who cannot see can learn and get an education, and adults who cannot see can earn to support their families and contribute to their communities. A staggering 1.1 billion people worldwide cannot see properly to learn and earn simply because they need glasses.
- 89% of the people affected live in low and middle-income countries, and yet, it can cost as little as 5 to provide an adult or child with a life changing eye test and a pair of prescription glasses. According to the World Health Organisation (WHO), restoring sight is one of the most cost-effective health interventions to reduce poverty.
- Vision Aid Overseas is in an exciting transition period, with a new strategy to 2030 approved, new programmes starting in three countries and with a transfer of programmes from another International NGO to Vision Aid Overseas taking place in early 2022.
- The Director of Finance and Operations will focus on ensuring that Vision Aid Overseas has the Finance, Human Resources, Administration, and IT services necessary to deliver its mission and achieve its strategic goals.
- You will Report directly to the CEO and be part of the Senior Management Team (SMT).
- The post will play an important role in the overall leadership and management of Vision Aid Overseas at executive level and is a vital role in securing the future success and financial sustainability of the organisation.
- The successful candidate will be a dynamic leader who shares Vision Aid Overseas' ambition and who is inspired by the opportunity to help shape the future of the organisation and the people it serves.
- The Director of Finance and Operations is responsible for the preparation of all financial information relating to strategic projections, annual planning, budgeting and statutory accounts, monthly management accounts, audit processes, and ensuring adequate financial controls and governance are in place including in our African programmes.
- The Director of Finance and Operations is responsible for Risk Management, IT and Human Resources, working with the SMT, and will manage a small global finance and administration team.
- The successful candidate will be a CCAB Qualified Accountant, have excellent non-profit or charity experience with a hands-on approach.
- Experience of producing accounts compliant with the Charities SORP and with managing restricted programme funding in an international context would be an advantage.
- You will need a good working knowledge of QuickBooks or other similar accounting software packages, experience in developing and monitoring the implementation of strategies, budgets, and operational plans, in producing financial information at a senior level.
- Experience of supporting Human Resources functions in an International NGO, with staff working remotely would be advantageous.
How to Apply
Please send an up-to-date CV to email@example.com or call Simon Bascombe at Harris Hill on 0207 820 7311.
Closing date: 9am, Monday 17th January 2022