£70k - 80k per year
020 7820 7311
over 1 year ago
Harris Hill is recruiting for Director of Finance & Resources for this Environmental Charity based in London.
- The position is working from home until at least end of September 2021. Then at least 3 days a week will be required in London.
- The position is a full time 5 day a week position.
- Salary 70,000pa - 80,000pa 5 days a week
- Direct reports: Finance and Executive Support Officer and outsourced service providers
- Qualified CCAB or CIMA accountant, including extensive post-qualification experience
- Proven track record of holding a senior management position within a similar organisation, ideally reporting at Board level and with experience of leading the management of a Finance, Risk & Audit Committee
- Experience of working in a senior Finance and Resources role in the charity sector, including budget and financial policy formulation, external statutory reporting and audit
- Experience of managing the legal requirements of a charity, experience of charity governance, company law, data protection, and the regulations applicable to charities
- A track record of preparing statutory accounts, management accounts and other financial reports and managing these over at least one full year cycle.
- The charity is looking for a dynamic and proactive Director of Finance & Resources to lead the development of the finance function across the business, as well as overseeing the outsourced HR and IT providers, and to play a crucial strategic and operational role in the early development of the charity.
- The Director of Finance & Resources will lead on the business planning, financial, IT and HR strategies and overseas all aspects of the overall financial management. The Director acts as Company Secretary to the Board of Trustees and works closely with the trustees to develop the organisation's governance.
- The postholder will be responsible for interpreting and implementing the law and regulations and ensure that we are operating in line with law, our values ad good practice across the range of our operations. The post-holder will determine the optimum resourcing model for the future, balancing outsourced options with additional in-house support as budgets allow and as the organisation grows.
- The post-holder will provide strategic support and report to the Chief Executive Officer and input to the Board, while ensuring the organisation's financial, operational and administrative systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth. They will need to demonstrate a 'hands-on' and 'can-do' approach, moving seamlessly between the strategic and the operational.
- You will work closely with the external auditors to deliver the annual audit. In addition, the role will manage the outsourced HR and IT functions to embed core processes across the new organisation, including those relating to risk, procurement and staff resources. In addition, the postholder will provide support to the design and operation of the charity's CRM database (SalesForce) to ensure that financial data, processes and controls are robust and reliable. The successful candidate will be comfortable operating in a period of rapid change and will relish the prospect of creating new business functions from scratch in a new organisation.