£47,300 - 53,624 per year
020 7820 7320
6 months ago
Director of Programmes
Can you imagine tackling funeral poverty, making chemotherapy more comfortable, and helping people with dementia enjoy the outdoors, all in a day's work? What about supporting migrants or those hard of hearing to access information and services, all from the comfort of your own home? Or ensuring children can get the palliative services they need, all while working flexibly in an arrangement that suits you?
- Direct, coordinate and report impact on the programme activities, ensuring our partners experience is the very highest quality, enhancing our reputation as partner of choice/thought leader in Intrapreneurship
- Design and deliver high quality learning experiences, in both digital and in person environments, using the charity's Design and Facilitation Guides, Hallmarks, Values and Principles,Coach, develop and role model a constructive coaching culture, reflecting our hallmarks and values sustaining a resilient, engaged and highly skilled Developers Team
- Ensure effective relationship management with key customers, supporting Developers in programme management.
- Ensure effective coordination and quality assurance, both internal and external, across the range of programmes provided by the charity.
- Work closely with the Director of Operations to ensure smooth logistical and practical delivery of programmes.
- Support the Head of Partnerships and CEO in programme design, creation of proposals and in transitioning work from sales to delivery.
- Provide line management and supervision to Developers and Associate Developers
- Support CEO in growing/scaling/managing change, participating in leadership team meetings, providing input and insight into future direction/development.
- Support the CEO in achieving sustainability and adapting business and delivery models as required
- A relevant qualification or experience, equivalent to SCQF Level 10, in leadership, coaching, facilitation or development roles
- Understanding of quality assurance, project management and impact reporting
- Understanding of organisational change and leadership
- A good understanding of how to provide high quality consultancy and learning activities
- Experience of using Customer relationship management tools to develop and grow business Experience of shaping and growing and scaling a purpose driven business
- Experience of managing several projects simultaneously and ensuring effective resource allocation
- Experience of operating in a relevant field such as business development, enabling entrepreneurship or similar 'customer' focused environment with a track record in developing people and 'business'
Closing date: 2nd March 2022
Whilst The charity is a fully remote organisation, and we anticipate that most of our delivery will continue to be digital there will be some travel required for the role. This will include meeting partner organisations across UK. You will also be expected to attend leadership and team meetings which will be held in Glasgow.
This charity is committed to equality, diversity, and inclusion. We want our organisation to be representative of the UK and to lead by example. We work hard to create an inclusive working environment for people from all backgrounds; Black, Asian and minority ethnic communities, LGBT communities, women, disabled people, and carers. We work to develop ideas and people, and believe that pursuing equality, diversity and inclusion helps us deliver that more effectively.