£32,989 - 35,765 per year
020 7820 7332
over 2 years ago
Harris Hill are delighted to be working alongside BookTrust Cymru in their search for an Early Years Engagement Manager. If you have a genuine interest in getting children and families reading and loving books from an early age then this role could be for you.
The Early years Engagement Manager will be responsible for the successful delivery of a range of activities and programmes aiming to get all children reading from an early age.
- To monitor programme delivery, track progress against targets, assess risk and escalate issues appropriately
- To collaborate with teams across BookTrust on operational and developmental matters
- To develop high quality Early Years programme content (e.g. resources, training for practitioners, conferences)
- To share information about BookTrust with colleagues across BookTrust in a way that increases organisational knowledge and insight
- To support the Head of Country for Wales and BookTrust’s Early Years team in the development of new activity and in developing the strategic direction of BookTrust’s Early Years work in Wales
- To maintain and develop strong partnerships with key programme partners; in particular, to work closely with relevant Library representatives and Health Visitors
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Familiarity with Welsh Government initiatives and legislation relating to the Early Years sector in Wales
- Experience of managing projects in a not-for-profit, public or private sector context
- Experience of creating resources and producing external communications, ideally within a bilingual (Welsh and English) context
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills
This role will be based at the Wales office in Cardiff Bay, working in a small team (currently five members). The role involves regular travel across Wales, including overnight stays. Employees must insure personal vehicles for business travel.
The post holder will also be required to visit BookTrust head offices in London regularly, usually once or twice a quarter
If you feel that you could be a suitable candidate for this role then please do not hesitate to send over your CV
Please note that due to the high number of applicants, only successful candidates will be contacted.