£23k - 29k per year
020 7820 7305
almost 2 years ago
An excellent opportunity for a bright, ambitious External Affairs or Public Affairs Officer to join a sophisticated and highly charged role, where you will work for an organisation which works across a variety of community-based projects, including youth employment, homelessness and domestic violence projects.
The role is suited to someone with a common sense approach who can work in a fast-paced environment who is curious about the society we live in and passionate and excited about engaging with political stakeholders. The company offer a supportive, collaborative environment and brilliant opportunities for progression. The organisation is at a time of exciting change too.
The ideal candidate:
You value well written, concise audience-focused content and are willing to spend time and effort on doing the research to really understand an issue or topic and then crafting the right message. You need to be good with tight deadlines and able to work well and confidently with colleagues.
You will be first point of contact to support regional colleagues in engaging with political stakeholders, run events (virtually and in person) for the varied and wide ranging audience to help to shine a light on the learning from our grant holders and support the drafting of correspondence for stakeholders.
- Support regional funding with MP’s.
- Host parliamentary events (virtually as well as face to face).
- Draft correspondence.
- Network internally and externally, putting yourself in the position of customers and acting on the things that matter to people.
- Communicate in an honest and engaging manner, with the ability to Influence and negotiate using good arguments and a range of strategies to convince others.
Previous experience and skills:
- Knowledge of public, current and political affairs.
- A strong grasp of the political environment, developing issues and themes.
- Experience of event delivery or supporting events.
- Ability to produce comprehensive and concise written information.
Salary £23,000- £29,000. Generous annual leave and company pension scheme
Flexible working to support staff with their work/life balance.
Based in the Central London office, however you would start off home-based until they are back to normal working conditions.
Closing date for applications is Friday 18th September
Interviews to take place virtually 24th/25th September.
To apply, please e-mail your CV to me Hannah.firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP to avoid disappointment.
I look forward to hearing from you.