£22k - 28k per year
020 7820 7310
about 2 years ago
We at Harris Hill Charity Recruitment are looking for a special finance administrator to join a growing charity that is making a big impact on the lives of thousands of us in the UK.
This is a new role, and the post holder will be primarily responsible for transaction processing, filing and other administration. It is fundamental in enabling the finance function to meet the increased demands arising from additional activity at the charity.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a small experienced team as they implement changes to their systems to enable them to provide more efficient and effective support to their colleagues at the charity.
Please send an up-to-date CV which shows your full career history and highlighting experience relevant to this role.
Also send a short supporting statement explaining why you are interested in this role, detailing how you are a good candidate, your experience in the non-profit/charity sector and how you fulfil the person specification.
Please note that as we are keen to recruit to this role as soon as possible, applications will be considered on an ongoing basis.
Purpose of the role
The purpose of this role is to provide administrative support to the finance team, and to work closely with the senior finance administrator to provide ensure that charity's routine financial administration tasks are managed efficiently and effectively.
You will have:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid team working skills and able to build positive relationships
- Self-disciplined and efficient, with a flexible and proactive nature
- Experienced in Excel and Microsoft office packages
- Willing to learn accounting software packages such as Exchequer and to be trained in bookkeeping
- Numerate with good attention to detail
- Ability to work to deadlines and plan work effectively
- Experience of providing administrative support to a busy team
- Experience of working in a charity
- Comfortable with working in Microsoft Excel
- Comfortable working with bookkeeping software
- Able to take direction and deliver tasks to completion
- Able to research own solutions and to ask for assistance when required
- Able to work across a variety of tasks and be comfortable with change
- Able to work methodically and carefully with high levels of conscientiousness
- Interest in a developing a career in bookkeeping or financial management
- an up-to-date CV which shows your full career history and highlighting charity finance experience relevant to this role.
- a short supporting statement explaining why you are interested in this role, detailing how you are a good candidate for this post and how you fulfil the list above.