£40k per year + pro rata
020 7820 7310
about 2 years ago
Harris Hill are proud to be working alongside one of Britain's most established performing arts charities. We are looking for an experienced Finance and Admin Officer on a part-time basis (21 hour per week). Their core aim to provide financial assistance, advice and guidance to those professionally active performers who are unable to work due to accident, illness or old age. The charity has a growing number of members, all of whom are currently, or have previously been professionally active in the world of performance art.
Main purpose of the job
The part-time Finance and Administration Officer will be responsible for managing all aspects of the financial operation of the Charity, ensuring all charitable obligations are met including financial compliance, risk management, policy and procedures.
The new post-holder will monitor cash and forecast cash flow, managing accounts and reserves to allow sufficient funds to be in place at all times. They will also ensure the organisation remains fully compliant with SORP and other relevant statutory requirements including the Charity Commission.
The incoming post-holder will also manage the office building in partnership with the Managing Agent.
- Finance and administrative skills
- Accounting qualification such as AAT, ACA, ACCA (at least part-qualified), ideally with a Diploma in Charity Accounting
- At least 5 years' experience of working in the not-for-profit sector
- Full understanding of charity accounting, including restricted funds
- Experienced Microsoft Office user
- Experience of using accounting packages, producing and writing reports and running enquiries
- Ability to produce and analyse statistics and compile relevant reports
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a high standard of verbal/written English and the ability to write letters, reports and other documents
- Ability to proof read copy
- Strong organisational and administrative skills
- Accuracy and excellent attention to detail
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Flexibility in dealing with changed priorities, initiative and problem solving
- Capacity to manage a busy workload with high productivity
- Ability to assimilate new information and learn procedures
- Commitment to delivering a high standard of work
- Ability to work unsupervised
- An active and enthusiastic contributor to the work of the Charity
-Consistent high level of customer care and responsiveness coupled with patience, tact and diplomacy
- Ability to deal with people at all levels in a confident and professional manner
- Team player
This is a flexible part-time role working twenty one hours per week.
Salary: £40,000pa (pro-rata) based on 21 hours a week.